Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Very Refreshing and Fun What If...

One of my favorite all-time reads (in this decade or any other) are the "What If..." comics from Marvel. Just imagine being a kid and seeing Spider-Man become part of the Fantastic Four on a cover or reading Frank Miller warm up his Dark Knight Returns series by doing the same thing to Daredevil and Elektra. Or if Power Man and Iron Fist had their genders changed? Those things messed with my mind just by turning the status quo on its ear.

So, believe me when I say that there was something that made me feel the same way in last Sunday's Boston Globe. Charles Pierce crafted a thing of beauty by mixing his interview with the 1988 Democratic Nominee for President with a look of what might have been. I heartily recommend reading it if only for the way he weaves the newsmakers of today into this hilarious and thought-provoking tale of What If, which only hammers home the fact that the roads diverged lead to some strange but wonderful tales.

Click my very sad attempt at a homemade image to read more...


Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: