Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A New Preachin' from the Longbox is up at QSE


For those of you who don't know, I used to write a regular column at Movie Poop Shoot.com (now renamed Quick Stop Entertainment.com) called "Preachin' from the Longbox". It dealt with my view of the comic book scene and every once in a while, do a review. Well after almost four years of churning out columns of 2,000 word plus, I was becoming burned out on the whole thing. It had nothing to do with the change in management or in website name but it had everything to do with my feelings toward the industry. It has become so entrenched in this mentality of over-the-top crossovers and multi-year "Everything You Know Will Change" event comics that it had taken the fun out of reading them; much less writing about them.


But, even I was saying that I was fried golden brown, I still had an itch to scratch when it came to having my say about comics. So, when the mood strikes me (and when there's something that I want to say), I'll whip up a column and luckily for you, there's one that was posted today. It's titled "We Don't Need Another Hero". Go check it out and let me know what you think. For a little tease, it concerns a certain reality show that involves comic books, which plays right into my wheelhouse.

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: