Monday, August 20, 2007

What I"m Digging - Till The Sun Turns Black

It's hard to believe but there are sometimes in the world of Pop culture where I am behind the curve. Shocking I know but I heard this song on the trailer to the movie Away from Her and I couldn't get it out of my head. It was a haunting melody that sucks you into the performance; like Nick Drake used to write but with a broader orchestral stroke. I had to look it up and discovered that it was Be Here Now by Ray LaMontagne from the CD, Till the Sun Turns Black, which was released last year. After checking out a couple of other song samples, I decided to download it from iTunes and I coudln't be more happier with the $10 purchase. One song in particular (other than the aforementioned one) that had me hitting the repeat button was Three More Days, a groovy 60s soul-influenced jam that Jack Johnson wishes he wrote. If you're into singer/songwriters with a varied musical style, Till the Sun Turns Black maybe the CD for you. It was for me.

DVD Product Link: Away from Her

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: