Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Transitional Cotton = Eco-friendly

For those (like me) who didn't undersand the title of this post, here is a little explanation about what Transitional Cotton is and what it means to the Earth:

For cotton to be certified organic, it must be grown without chemical fertilizers, defoliants or pesticides for at least three years. What about cotton that's newly introduced to the process? It's called transitional cotton.
The only reason why I knew about this Earth Day friendly process was going to of all places, Wal-Mart. There are a ton of screened T-shirts with some funny (and not so-funny) slogans and images. And since I am an addicted collector of many things and it was concerning a T-shirt, I had to buy one (it's pictured below). As I explained to the wife, I bought one because it was for - you know - the Earth. That and I'm a proud owner of a ducti wallet.

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: