Sunday, April 6, 2008

You Damned Dirty Ape! - Charlton Heston (1923-2008)

Cinema icon and the NRA's most famous (or considered by others, infamous) member, Charlton Heston, has passed away at age 84. Most people will recognize the actor for either Ben Hur or Moses. However, to me, thanks to the Saturday/Sunday afternoon movie double feature on cable, he will always be either George Taylor or Det. Robert Thorn. No matter what you thought of his politics, the guy could flat out deliver a memorable quote, which is what I'll leave as tribute to the man who brought so many characters to life on the stage and screen. It's from Planet of the Apes:

"I'm a seeker too. But my dreams aren't like yours. I can't help thinking that somewhere in the universe there has to be something better than man. Has to be. " - George Taylor

Sphere: Related Content

0 comments: